Expert Project Management
- Custom Designs
Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. works with architects and designers to achieve new custom designs. The starting point can vary according to the situation, and can begin with a client's
- Modification of an existing moulding
- Recreation of an existing decoration or fragment
The nature of cooperation can be varied with the following options:
- Complete Design, incorporating precise historical reference where appropriate.
- Design Drawings
- Workshop drawings
- Design Support
- Consultation and Advice on suitable decorative mouldings
- Shop Drawings
- Technical Support
- Translate the proposed design in workable and cost effective schemes
- Includes method statements
- Workshop drawings
- Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. is capable of partnering with clients to perfectly restore historical interiors.
- There are several key phases in a restoration project:
- A Site Survey is the first step to assess the integrity and scope of the existing architecture and mouldings.
- During this initial phase, Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. works with local building preservation authorities to ensure all restoration work follows the proper guidelines.
- After completing the Survey, Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. provides a report describing the condition of the existing decorative plaster work.
- Following a discussion with the client of the project's scope, Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. provides a Budget Cost Analysis with full explanations of the technical issues involved.
- If the client is interested in moving forward with the restoration project, Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. provides a formal Quotation. This provides the client with our in-house resources for drawing, modeling, crafting, and installing the mouldings to return the interior to its original beauty.
- Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc.'s Project Managers interpret our clients's architectural drawings to create shop and installation drawings on CAD workstations for client review.
- We then work closely with our clients to ensure that the details are perfected to the designer's specifications, and engineered for flawless installation.
- Next, our artisans utilize the approved CAD drawings to work with clay, plaster, steel, and wood to build original models with perfectly defined enrichments.
- Model making is a process of translation and creation.
- Knowledge of materials, prototyping, and manufacturing techniques enable Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. craftsmen to refine drawings into physical models.
- At every step in the process of translating sketches into models, the experience and skill of Balmer's artisans is critical to the creation of a three dimensional prototype that perfectly matches the designer's vision in scale and detail.
- Balmer additionally provides unique modeling capabilities that utilize 3D printing technology.
- Most of the projects in which Balmer participates are quoted and delivered on a supply and install basis with Balmer Certified Installers provided on the site.
- For a custom quotation, initial tooling costs include the shop drawing, enrichment sculpting, and the creation of a model and a mould.
- Gypsum plaster castings can be produced to meet your requirements at any size. We are pleased to offer our recommendations and accurate quotations to contractors, designers, and architects